I broke my right wrist, more specifically, it's a distal radius fracture at the intra-articular crew angulation & at the ulnar styloid. Good thing I've done this once or twice, okay four times, before so I know when I have actually broken it.
In an effort to straighten out my wrist they numbed me up with lidocaine, (by the way I love dr matich for this) and then put my arms in this fun contraption where my index, middle, & ring fingers were in chinese finger trap looking things and I had weights on my bicep... That didn't work. So Dr Matich and nurse dori manually reduced the break then set it. The before and after x-rays look insanely different.
I will most likely have to have surgery on it to have screws, pins, or plates placed, so for now it looks like my workaholic days are now fmla days.
I meet with an orthopedic surgeon next Thursday.
Oh I would've posted pictures but I don't want to gross any of you easy to puke people out.
much love, H.

7 comments:
Sorry Heather!! I'll miss you at work. Hope you don't have to take too much time off. I, of course want to see pictures--post some please! keep us updated on your progress
oh feil!!! how did it happen??? you definitely need to post pics!!! let me know how your suregery goes!!
Aww I'm sorry! I had literally the exact same injury a couple years ago. The finger contraption was kinda a blur though, they gave me versed and I was out of it. Hope your surgery goes well! Good thing about having plates and screws, is no cast!
(PS- i was logged in under my bf's computer, that's why it says bret left you a comment above! )
oh no! i am so so sorry! we will miss you. (maybe we will have to do lunch instead.)
Hope that everything heals okay!
Oh my! How did you do that? I am sorry!
Somehow when you entered your adult years, I wrongfully assumed that we'd be past the accident prone moments. Heather Joy, you attract danger! I hope today goes well and that if surgery is req.'d that it goes well and that you heal in super human time!
Post a Comment